Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Holidays!


Here is my holiday display in the dining room this year!


And this is my new exciting endeavor! Ceramic clay =) I used to use this clay in school, but when I didn't have access to a kiln, I switched to air-dry clay. Now I have a place to fire, so I bought 50 lbs of white clay to experiment with. I had forgotten how touchy it can be - Creative Paperclay is so forgiving about adding on to already dry pieces and carving back into it without cracking. But when these are fired, they will be more quite sturdy and I will feel more comfortable approaching galleries with pieces that are a more traditional. I am LOVING the new feel, the smoothness I can achieve and the challenge of something new!

1 comment:

Adam Komosinski said...

Hey Sarah,
I saw you following my natural building blog and recognized your profile picture from Gallery in the Woods in Brattleboro, VT! My girlfriend and I really dug the fawn, it seemed like it was about to speak to you at any moment!
I've been working in ceramics for a few years now and I know what you mean about the porcelain. It carves even smoother than butter!

Love your work and best of luck!