Sunday, February 13, 2011

Women's art show in Vermont


I am very excited to be taking part in group show along with some very talented artists! Here is the info:

Gallery in the Woods
145 Main St.
Brattleboro, VT 05301
802-257-4777

Women's Show - Opening March 4, 2011




Above is my newest piece - Nest: What I am Gently Holding
Like all of my work, this one has literal and symbolic meaning for me. Of course I am a mother so, the literal is obvious =) Also it is about the aspects of oneself that are fragile and still growing. It is sometimes frustrating to wait for something to manifest in our lives, but it helps to think of it as a little seed or tiny baby that needs nurturing and patience to flower. We must be gentle with ourselves as we would be to an infant.

1 comment:

Anthropomorphica said...

What a beautiful piece, I hope the show went well.