Sunday, June 21, 2009

Earth Doll in Progress (also Happy Birthday to Me!)

First off, this is the wrapping on the special gift from my parents on my 30th b-day (June 19th). It represents paint for our new house and my father's offer to help get it on the walls! The photo is of my dad in his 20's showing off his muscles =) I thought it was appropriate on this Father's Day to acknowledge one of the many sweet things he does for me all year round.

On another note - these are photos of my doll for the ADO 4 Elements Challenge in progress. Just a reminder: Everyone is welcome to participate, just click on the link in my previous post.
Here she is painted. She is pretty huge. The head alone is 4". I had these lovely glass eyes and I started with that when determining the design, even though I had intended her to have a full body. Now I am reconsidering and trying to devise ways to make it a head, torso and hands composition without compromising the whole idea. Art is all about problem solving!

Here she is with the hair and with a swatch of the yarn I'm going to use to knit her a dress. She represents Earth and she will be holding a bit of sod with a flower growing from it.

15 comments:

Bone*Head*Studios said...

She is beautiful!!! I love the soft delicate coloring too!!!
blessings,Flora

Chrisy said...

What a dream she is...and that green looks wonderful against her skin...and....happy birthday to you! So great that you are supported by an obviously loving family!

Sarah said...

She looks lovely-such a serene expression. Can't wait to see her finished!
Happy Birthday too!

Pattee said...

She's got a beautiful face~
Pattee

creativedawn said...

Well, she is beautiful and hope you post the latest pic for the challenge! Happy Birthday!
hugz
Pam

littlebitwired said...

Love that soft blush! Wonderful job.

Trolineke said...

Beautiful face and her.
Happy birthday.

Vee said...

What an adorable little redhead! I love her!

Kaci Marie said...

Beautiful so far, thanks for the wip pictures, so valuable for a beginner.

Yve said...

I love the subtle naturalistic face painting :o)

christina said...

she looks great so far. i love the happy serene expression on her face!

Las Noches said...

she is really pretty and has a lovely expression!

ruthie said...

i so love your work & hope you don't mind that i included you on my faerietale of inspiration blog *ruthie*

木村拓哉kimura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marina said...

She is wonderful and she looks like you! Did you ever add a body to her?