Saturday, February 7, 2009

More Snow Paintings


These are some of the small landscapes I did this past month. They, along with others, will be at the show tonight (Essex is a two night event). I'll be there 6-10:30pm, so anyone is welcome to stop by, chat and drink some wine.
Last night, when things were slow, I sat around with my brother and his girlfriend coming up with ideas for a doll based on Shakespeare, which is the next challenge for ADO (Art Dolls Only). We thought of maybe doing a Puck that is manipulating marionettes of characters from Midsummer Night's Dream. I used to do a lot of Ophelia themed paintings, so that is also calling to me. In any case, the challenge is right up my alley!

3 comments:

Deirdra Doan said...

I love your style and your interests. I paint oil too. Your work is so exquisite!! I will link to your blog so I can follow your beautiful work!! Poetic!!!!!and soft.

I will be going to NYC in April to see the Bonnard show..have you seen it?

Deirdra Doan said...

Your challenge doll sound so so cool.

Deirdra Doan said...

Thank you so much...I have had fun with your web too....I just got the book on Beauty from the library and was reading it last night. I hope you put your email on www.johndoan.com so we can let you know when he plays in Ohio.

thank you for the encouragement about the landscapes too. Between working on my studio. Helping with the music career and the new art career I am having... dolls and all I haven't caught up yet. I also have a illustration of a childrens book to finish..and then I will keep this etsy...sales...painting, teaching, thing rolling smoothly I hope. Still in the starting the business part. Can't wait to paint again. I am your fan right now!