Friday, November 21, 2008

Big Oil Week

It has been a huge painting week here! Everything is still in progress. A painting based on the November sculpture with 3-d tree element. I'm psyched about the possibilities of combining the paperclay sculpture with paintings. Here is an artist that I came across the other day who is doing amazing combos of painting and relief sculpture www.melissaferreira.net
This one is bigger - about 2 feet high. Just an impression that flitted through my head, like a memory or light through the fall leaves.



And I went back into this one, adding foreground and tightening some things up. This is it with two different lighting schemes - the light bulb it is under really makes a difference in terms of the warmth of the painting.

Since these are near finished pieces, I thought I 'd show some that I started today. This is what my underpaintings look like.

These two are little 5x7's. I'd be pretty shocked if I sold the larger ones, but these little guys are more affordable and easy to find a place to hang. Plus they are fun to do =)


3 comments:

Justin Russell said...

Nice! I like the little guy a lot! You do amazing work! I can't wait to see more!

FairiesNest said...

Oh I love the little horned one!! His expression is so sweet and wistful.

Rosa said...

Wow! Your paintings are stunning!
Please stop by my blog to pick up an award! ^_^