Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Faeriecon!

I'm so excited! I'm going to Faeriecon in Philadelphia! I've been daydreaming about going to the Faerieworlds Festival in Oregon for years, so knowing that Allan Lee and the Frouds and so many other icons of the genre were going to be on my coast proved to be irresistable. So it is my treat after pushing so hard to get the art show together last week. It went swimmingly, to my great relief and thanks in very large part to my supportive family and friends who helped me set up/clean up or just stopped to see what I've been up to.



Here is the front and back of a bookmark-style flyer I made to hand out at the con.

And here is the finished Anne doll!

4 comments:

paintedskywoman said...

Being Canadian...I must say I am down with the Anne doll 100%. But your news is very exciting and your excitement leaps off the blogpage.

Take some pictures so that we can see what it was like.

Renee.

paintedskywoman said...

P.S. I grew up with a girl called Anne Shirley after the character from the books. Crazy!

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

I love your work! How was Fairecon? I missed it this year and I wanted to say hello to the Frouds. I took their workshop in New York City in May and had a wonderful time! Your Art Dolls, especially "Tree Mother" are amazing, and not to mention your paintings! Extremely talented! What an inspiration for us all! Keep creating! Cheers
Michelle

Teaching Handwork said...

she is beautiful!