Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anne of Green Gables

I noticed it had been a while since I posted any sculpture in progress, so here is what's new! It is for a commission to do a doll of Anne of Green Gables, which couldn't be a more perfect job for me because I've read every book by L.M. Montgomery and I'm a redhead, myself. The characters in Montgomery's books encounter alot of adversity in pursuit of thier (usually creative) dreams and I find that the inspiration of that takes on new meaning for me as an adult pursuing an artistic life.
Phase 1
Sculpting

Phase 2

Painting (my favorite)

Freckles are great

In other news, I'm getting ready to show my work at Essex Studios here in Cincinnati. It's going to be on Oct. 3 -4 at their open studio walk. There are so many factors to consider! Lighting, packing my work to travel, hardware for hanging, fabric for tables - the list is enormous. But I'm really looking forward to this first opportunity to show my art and to talk to people about what I do.

6 comments:

paintedskywoman said...

That sounds so exciting. Congratulations on the show.

missficklemedia.com said...

I can't wait to see her completed.

Best of luck on the upcoming show, although I don't think luck has anything to do with it, lol!

Justin Russell said...

This is such a "pretty" doll ;p I love it! I am so happy for you and your recent run of good karma with this show and the doll. I can't wait to see more! And, as always, inspiring to those of us pursuing careers in the creative world. Keep it up!

FairiesNest said...

Oh I can't wait to see her finished! I have a commission for a tiny Anne myself! And best of luck with your show, don't forget to enjoy yourself too.

michelle sylvia said...

Hi,
I found your Etsy site while searching around. I absolutely LOVE your work! I will be back to visit often. I to am a Doll Artist.

Congratulations on your upcoming Art Event. A studio is the perfect fit for your Stunning Art.

Blessings,
Michelle

Laura said...

Her face is so beautiful :)
I've found your art on etsy, your art is stunning