Friday, April 18, 2008

Flora







Here is my new one, Flora. She is still a work in progress - I've ordered some fancier velvet and silk flowers to go with her and she will have a stand. Also, she will probably have a sheer pink drape over her because I'm getting the vibe that people are disconcerted by the nudity in my sculptures. What can I say, it doesn't bother me, but I've been drawing from the live, nude model for years (heck, I've been the live model at times!). Maybe art school is bad for cultivating modesty =) I guess I should rethink my next one, too, 'cause I sketched her half clothed. Jeez, what's wrong with me!

3 comments:

FairiesNest said...

Nothing wrong with you, your work is lovely. Better ask, what's wrong with them?

ArchetypalTheatre said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

TheSingingBird said...

your work is so lovely!!