Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back to work


I'm back from Colorado where I had been visiting friends and doing some cross country skiing. I also showed my work to one of my favorite galleries out there and it was a positive experience. We'll see what comes of it, but at least I know what kinds of questions I should be ready to answer and that galleries will at least consider my sculpture, even though it is rather unorthodox.

I have two new large sculptures in the works and I'm feeling encouraged to get back to work on them. They take a lot of time and effort, so it would be great to know at the outset if there was a market for them. Not that I would stop making them if there wasn't - I would just have to let it be my hobby and concentrate elsewhere career-wise. Here is a photo of a head in progress. This one will be a full body sculpt based on Flora (to make a matched set). The other one looks a little like Shannon Doherty because I've been watching episodes of 'Charmed' like a fiend recently =)

No comments: