Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fauna and my first Etsy sale



Here's Fauna as a finished sculpt. I can't wait to paint her! It takes so long to smooth everything out in paperclay - it can be hard to have faith that it is all going to come together in the end (sometimes it doesn't!). I am not a patient person by nature. I have to consciously pace myself and or I will do a haphazard job or use unsuitable materials just becuase I am so eager to see the finished product. But now I have earned my way to the next step in the process =)


Also, I sold two Chakra Dolls on Etsy! Sure, the buyer is a good friend of mine, but I'll take what I can get! The other photo is of them, cozy in thier little nest.


I've been listening to this great cd series called the Ultimate Anti-Career Guide by Rick Jarrow. It has alot of great quotes, examples of famous people's career paths and meditations. One quote was "When one door closes, another opens. But often there is a long hallway in between." I like that one! For me, it represents the door of art therapy (what I had been studying for a Masters in last year) closing and the door of being a professional artist opening. But there is a pretty long hallway in between where I need to clarify my artistic voice and put down roots in the areas I'm interested in pursuing. Ha! I just realized that life imitates art (and vice versa) perfectly here - I have been cultivating patience as I make each individual work of art and I hope that I can call upon that virtue as I wait for my career to come to fruition.

No comments: